10:00 - 16:00, Technology Centre, Wolverhampton Science Park, WV10 9RU
Organised by A|D|S Hazardous Materials Group and MAA
With expert speakers from companies including
- Aero Engine Controls
- BAE Systems
- Goodrich Actuation Systems
Why this workshop matters
The aerospace, defence and security sectors are about to face challenging supply chain risks as a consequence of REACH.
Substances we all need will begin to be phased out. Suppliers are already reformulating.
Some of your essential substances could already be at significant risk.
What the workshop will cover
- What your risks are
- How you can manage your REACH related business risks
- What the primes are doing internationally to protect our sector
- How to play your part in continuity of supply
Who will be in attendance
- Managing directors of SMEs supplying into aerospace, defence and security sectors
- Senior managers particularly supply chain directors of aerospace, defence and security companies
- Materials specialists responsible for manufacturing processes
- Chief design engineers
Draft workshop agenda
10:00 Registration and coffee
10:30 Opening address / Welcome from the A|D|S Hazardous Materials Group Chair and the Midlands Aerospace Alliance
10:45 REACH reminder: what REACH is and where we are up to in the implementation timeline
11.15 Registration related risks: experiences of pre-registration, registration and the risks that the sector faces as a consequence. What action has been taken on your behalf to protect business continuity.
11:45 Authorisation related risks -- explanation of the risks generally, candidate list and how it is growing
13:15 Identified substance and application specific risks
14:15 Planning ahead for the next phase - authorisation, restriction and substitution -- authorisation requirements, restriction requirements, substitution issues (looking for a safer alternative), getting wired into pan-sector substitution programmes
15:00 Article 33 reminder: your legal obligations and customer expectations
15:20 Summing up and questions
15:40 One-on-One with panelists