9:00 - 17:00, Manufacturing Technology Centre, Coventry
and Visualisation Centre, Telford
At this workshop you will be able to:
- find out about electronics manufacturing best practices and metrology manufacturing measurement processes -- from your customers and peers;
- take a tour of the new Manufacturing Technology Centre or the Visualisation Centre in Telford;
- interact with other MAA members, customers and peers to hear their experience of using similar manufacturing technologies to you.
The workshop takes place at two venues. Attendees at both venues will hear speakers either at their own venue or remotely via video link.
What’s in it for you?
- compare your current manufacturing practices with customers and peers
- understand where your customers are going
- align your manufacturing capabilities with your customers
- talk the same language as your customers
- promote your capabilities throughout the day with free-of-charge literature display tables
- promote your capabilities to a wider audience by being included in future MAA and University of Wolverhampton publications and promotion literature
- take a tour of the prestigious new Manufacturing Technology Centre or the Visualisation Centre on the Telford Business Park
- promote and share capabilities in an interactive environment described as a 'sandpit' where ideas can rub off on other ideas.
09:00 Registration, refreshments and networking
09:30 Introduction to MTC - First overview of some of the advanced electronics manufacturing process technologies and advances in the use of metrology at the MTC
11:00 Coffee and networking
11:15 Presentations by local companies involved in processes involved in recent advances in technology in this field, hearing from specialists and users
12:00 Lunch and networking
13:00 Keynote speaker - an OEM or Tier 1 speaker - hear how electronics components and electronics manufacturing processes will be procured in the future. Find out how your company could be involved.
Presentations by other specialists and users in the field of advanced metrology.
15:00 Tour of MTC facilities and of Telford Visualisation centre
16:00 Coffee and networking
About these workshops
This is the third in a series of workshops organised jointly by the Midlands Aerospace Alliance and The University of Wolverhampton. It is partly funded by a programme called Innovation 1st, to help companies hear about technologies that may help you to grow your business. Holding the workshop at two venues is innovative and is now being used as a tool to help companies to access and try out new technology, particularly at the nationally funded Catapult centres, of which the West Midlands has the Manufacturing Technology Centre.
Key MTC partners such as EADS, Rolls-Royce, Aero Engine Controls and others will outline technology advances from the position of a prime or tier 1 company. We also have speakers from several Midlands manufacturing companies who will discuss their manufacturing capabilities and where they see manufacturing technologies going in the future.