MAA members packed Rolls-Royce's Derby Learning and Career Development Centre to hear industry experts plot the future of the aerospace industry and independent analysts share their latest forecasts. The 160 participants in attendance made the first MAA annual conference also our biggest ever event.
With its theme of "the visions and volumes every aerospace supplier needs to know," the conference gave Midlands supply chain companies access to vital knowledge to help them plan their next business moves.
Click on the thumbnail to download the conference programme.
Our keynote speakers were:
- Marcus Bryson, President and Chief Executive, GKN Aerospace -- also industry co-chair of the UK national Aerospace Growth Partnership and chair of UK aerospace trade association ADS’s Civil Air Transport Board.
- Pernille Boisen, Chief Procurement Officer, Rolls-Royce – the company's most senior purchasing executive.
- Richard Aboulafia, Vice President Analysis, Teal Group -- distinguished, respected and quoted world-wide for his insights into industry trends.
- David Hygate, Director, Europe, TeamSAI -- expert in civil market forecasting and analysis, business strategy, aero-engines, engine MRO and marketing.
- Clive Lewis, Achieving the Difference LLP -- a strategic marketer and market forecaster with nearly 30 years aerospace experience, who uses that experience to help a wide range of companies grow. Clive Lewis has produced Flightglobal's Commercial Fleet Forecast.
What they thought . . .
Here is a sample of feedback from the conference.
- I just wanted to congratulate you and the team on an excellent conference yesterday, it was a great programme, well organised and executed. I had many other positive comments from other attendees.
- Well done MAA on the first conference. Look forward to the next one.
- Great job!
- A really good day.
- Overall a very good event.
- Enjoyed this and would encourage making it a regular event.
- Very good content and networking opportunities.
- As new members of MAA I found today very informative and look forward to working together and further networking events.
- Fabulous event, would be 10/10 with a few more speakers like Mr Aboulafia!
- Rolls-Royce presentation excellent; excellent advice from Aero Engine Controls’ Annette Rothwell.
- Excellent day, most informative.
- Thought provoking mix of views, opinions and analysis; valuable event, thanks.
- Congratulations on a great conference - it was great to see the 'helicopter view' from the primes and good for us to mix with a variety of firms to understand some of the challenges.
- Could have listened to Richard Aboulafia longer!
- Excellent event. The presentations and content I thought were very good.
- Many thanks indeed for the organisation of the conference -- it was a very informative event.
- Excellent range of industry views/forecasts.
- Well done on a fantastic first conference – I look forward to 2014.
- It was very well organised. The site and premise facilities were ideal and the day's meeting and conference content was very informative and very well presented. Well done !
- Extremely well organised and smoothly run. The calibre of the speakers was extremely high.
- Much enjoyed the MAA conference at Rolls-Royce yesterday . . .
- Many thanks indeed for the organisation of the conference. It was a very informative event.
- I thought the annual conference was fascinating and very useful.
- I would like to congratulate the team for arranging the MAA Annual Conference. I found it very useful and thought provoking.
- As expected – very good.
- Excellent event. My first time in attendance and extremely informative. Many thanks.
- Very informative and thought provoking.
- Well worth attending and we will consider joining the MAA as an associate member.
- Very interesting day and great networking opportunities.
- Congratulations on a great event! The content was excellent, speakers interesting and turnout strong.
- An opportunity for reflective appraisal of current state, business and industry.
- Many thanks for a great event – it was good to be given a snapshot of what our customers really see, what (potentially) our Government intend to do to develop our industry, and what the future may hold.
Our sponsors helped us organise a superb day. For more information click the logos.