The MAA at Farnborough 2018
The Midlands Aerospace Alliance is exhibiting at the Farnborough International Airshow which is taking place from 16 – 22 July 2018, trade days 16 – 20 July. For 2018 the exhibition halls will be open to visitors on the public days.
The orders and business generated at the Farnborough International Airshow are often a barometer for the state of the global aerospace industry and the 2016 edition was no exception. Commitments for commercial aircraft were as forecast, while engines remained buoyant with airlines placing orders for the aircraft they purchased some time ago. Being the largest industry event on the aerospace calendar in 2016, the show was also a major opportunity to showcase new aircraft. No matter what, in 2018, the Farnborough International Airshow will once again be the global shop window for the UK and international aerospace industry.
The MAA stand
The MAA stand will once again be part of the UK Pavilion in hall 1, which in 2018 will be positioned in a prime location for footfall within the brand-new purpose-built exhibition hall – that will surely give UK Pavilion exhibitors a definite advantage over their competitors! The stand will be huge, at least 272m², and includes 28 pods (similar to the design that drew rave reviews in 2014 and 2016). The stand gives companies an excellent base to meet with new and existing clients and that all-important physical presence to represent your company - with the MAA taking enquiries while you go and meet with key contacts in the aerospace industry.
Artists impression of the new permanent building for Hall 1
Busy Farnborough stand in 2016
To see the MAA Farnborough 2016 post-show report and for more 2016 images click here. It could be your company in 2018!
Sold out for 2018! Exhibiting with the Midlands Aerospace Alliance
Participating in an event of this size with the MAA takes away many concerns – costs and time being the main ones. The MAA team works with stand designers to give exhibitors an inclusive price where there are no hidden extras. With minimum input, exhibitors can turn up to the event welcomed by a highly visual and professional stand. MAA stand pods give exhibitors an excellent base to meet with new and existing clients and that all-important physical presence to represent their companies with the MAA taking enquiries while you go and meet with key contacts in the aerospace industry.
MAA stand in 2016 which drew rave reviews
One of the giant pods on the MAA stand
The MAA stand in 2016
Twenty three companies exhibited on the MAA stand making the Midlands regional presence one of the largest at the entire show. More than 120 MAA member representatives worked on the stand at one time or another during the week. In addition to the MAA core team, 8 of the MAA's 16 directors worked on the stand over the course of the week to talk business with our exhibitors.
According to MAA chief executive Dr Andrew Mair:
“Yet again at Farnborough, our Midlands aerospace stand was busy with meetings for all four trade days, and that is good news for our companies and our cluster. It was great to observe the mutual support all members of the Midlands aerospace community give each other at events like this, whether large firms, small companies or our other partners like the universities and local government bodies.”
Feedback from 2016 exhibitors
Initial reactions from MAA exhibitors included:
- A well organised, professional yet comfortable stand which enabled our company to ‘reach’ the show easily and support client visits onto our own section of the stand.
- The show was great. It’s a fantastic opportunity to network with companies from around the globe all in one place. The MAA ‘trade mission’ over to the Czech aerospace pavilion was particularly good as we got to introduce ourselves and give a brief overview of what we do which we later followed up.
- As always the stand position and design, the organisation pre show and the support from the MAA personnel during the show was exemplary.
- The airshow was great for us. Our aim was to increase our business interactions beyond the “usual suspects” and we certainly succeeded.
- We had a really good Farnborough -- in fact probably our best ever.
- We had meetings with 11 existing customers plus we met a number of potential new customers.
- We found this year to be even better for us than 2014; it was good to catch up with our customers and to hear about the projects they have up and coming which we hope to help them with in the future.
- Alloy Wire International enjoyed another successful Farnborough Airshow, receiving over 150 visitors including a number of existing and potential new customers discussing exciting projects. Angus Hogarth – Sales Director commented “This is the third time we have exhibited at the Farnborough Airshow and by far the best ever, visitors were keen to discuss how our nickel alloys could be used in high temperature environments in the aerospace and many other industries. We look forward to exhibiting in July 2018 at the next Farnborough Airshow linking again with the Midland Aerospace Alliance.”
- We decided to have a presence at the Farnborough Airshow this year quite late in the day and the MAA made the process very easy. IPI Solutions has three more shows this year both in the UK and the States making seven in total, Farnborough so far is one of the highlights in terms of leads generated and updating current customers on our roadmap ahead.
- I have to say that the MAA stand was extremely impressive and we were proud to be a small part of that. Well done to the MAA and personal thanks for all the help that you gave to us in particular.
- The MAA once again showcased top Midlands suppliers to the aerospace world. As well as presenting ourselves to the thousands of Farnborough customers we networked with our fellow MAA exhibitors and entertained customers on the stand. Well done to the MAA team.
- We had some very constructive meetings as a result of having a presence at the show and received some interesting enquiries resulting from the display of samples.
- CW Fletcher found the show to be a great success and were particularly impressed with the Midlands Aerospace Alliance stand and set-up. This provided a great networking environment and was a significant draw for a wide range of customers.
We have now sold all our pods, however there is still the opportunity to advertise your company on our stand. For further details please contact Anne Esterson on 024 7643 0250
MAA members exhibiting on the Midlands stand 2018: